Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Masonry work started

Today, Tuesday of April 26th, after 10 days of triple daily pool watering since the gunite was completed, masonry work has kicked in. A crew of two people came over in the morning, brought coping stones and started to position them around the pool and jacuzzi. Interestingly, it appeared that it will be one-piece coping stone on the edge of the pool, but two-piece coping stones on the edge of jacuzzi. It is hard to understand what I mean here, but pictures should help me out. Frankly speaking, for now it seems to me that the color of the coping is too grey. My husband says he likes it, though. So basically it is good, but I will definitely look into reconsidering the concrete color for the patio not to make everything too grey.
Today I also went out and talked to the masonry guys. They told me that coping should be finished tomorrow, and then on Thursday they will start to put tile and stone on the jacuzzi walls. The manager (he me very well be an owner) asked me if I could give him a stone sample to make sure he brings the stones that have the shade we want. This was very professional of him. As per the tile, we picked a custom one, and I am very glad we did. It has dark and light blue, as well as brown colors and should bring life and brightness to the pool. When it came to the tile pricing, I need to admit that John, just like he always was saying, did not nickel-and-dime us. He gave the price he mentioned in our conversations, even though the price list eventually showed $.50/sq ft more. He just keeps his word, and has our deepest respect for that.
Besides, I have noticed that the pipe that had been placed incorrectly before (I mentioned this in one of my previous posts), is already fixed. I did not even notice when this happened. Very nice surprise for me. Now the cement needs to be filled as well, and we should be good.
Overall I need to say that till now everything is happening as promised, on schedule and within budget. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice surprise for me. Now the cement needs to be filled as well, and we should be good.pool plastering nj

    ReplyDelete