Friday, April 15, 2011

Neighbours - human factor

I thought I would separate this short story into a post as, I think, it may be interesting and useful.
Since tomorrow we are getting a loud gunite job done in our pool, and it will be Saturday morning, I decided to walk around the neighbourhood to warn people about potential 4-hour constant loud noise. Let me tell that we moved into this place only 3 years ago, and have not had a chance to talk to every neighbour, yet, so for me it was almost first time ever talking to some of them. I need to say that everybody was very happy to hear about our project and sounded quite supportive and understanding. People were extremely appreciative of me taking time to go and warn them about the inconvenience. Each of them, regardless of the reputation (you know, we all have reputations among our neighbours), thanked me for that and said it would not be a problem, since they understand it needs to be done, and especially because it is a one time thing. Every neighbor told me a short story about their life, about when they moved into the neighborhood, about their relatives, family, occupation. I enjoyed time we spent together on a porch of each house. Very lovely.
Now returning to the pool... I was pleased to hear from one of the neighbors that the pool company we have picked built a pool for her relative about 40 years ago, and also for another relative just recently, and that everyone is very happy with their work. Isn't that amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment